Cornerstone of Recovery
While consulting to the project architects, we provided landscape design services for site improvements associated with the building of a new housing facility.
Cornerstone of Recovery is a substance abuse rehabilitation facility. They focus on creating a safe, restorative, and healthy environment to foster recovery and personal growth.
We provided landscape design services while incorporating collected health data and analysis into the planning and design process to influence the project design. The process was completed with the assistance of Designing4Health, a Atlanta based company, and seeks to create a environment that is healthy for both the patients and employees.
The facility is currently in its first phase of development and includes a walking trail, fishing area, multiple meditation spaces, edible garden, terraced amphitheater, courtyard spaces, pond and lake access, and a firepit space for small group events. Phase 2 of the project will further connect all buildings on site and create active recreation areas including a high ropes course and a multi-use field.
Audience Specific Health Data:
– Smells of citrus reduces stress, anxiety and aggression
– Sounds of nature have calming effects and promote relaxation
– Horticulture therapy supports stress reduction and improves concentration and mood
– Challenge courses and gardens help optimize self-efficacy
– Courtyards should not be fenced in