We Won 3 Orchid Beautification Awards
On Tuesday, March 7th, 2017, Keep Knoxville Beautiful hosted the annual Orchid Beautification Awards at the Standard. The event honored Knoxville’s most beautiful properties by presenting awards in six categories: outdoor space, public art, new architecture, restaurant/café/bar/brewery, redesign/reuse and environmental stewardship. Additionally, the Mary Lou Horner Award was presented to a former winner who remains “Orchid worthy,” and the Felicia Harris Hoehne Award was presented for the first time.
Our projects were nominated for 6 awards. These included: Suttree Landing Park; The Student Union at the University of Tennessee; Balter Beerworks; Natalie Haslam Music Building at the University of Tennessee; Blueberry Falls at the University of Tennessee; and Pat Summitt Plaza at the University of Tennessee. Three of these projects received awards. We are honored to receive this recognition for our continued commitment to enhancing this city.
The full list of winners is below.
– Outdoor Space: Suttree landing Park
– Public Art: Locust Street Pedestrian Bridge
– New Architecture: Natalie Haslam Music Center at UT Knoxville
– Restaurant/Café/Bar/Brewery: Balter Beerworks and K Brew
– Redesign/Reuse: Daniel and Patricia Nash Designs
– Environmental Stewardship: Joint Institute of Advanced Materials
– Mary Lou Horner Award: Tennessee Theater